After 26 years on Superior Viaduct, we could use a SPACElift.
April 07 - April 07, 2017
SPACES is conducting a comprehensive capital campaign, totaling $3.5 million, to purchase and renovate the first floor of the Van Rooy Coffee Building (located at 2900 Detroit Avenue), as well as to form a SPACES Future Fund that will augment cash reserves and establish our first ever endowment.
With your support, we can acquire and build out a home for new ideas. Through this relocation, SPACES will become the only venue of its kind in Northeast Ohio to offer artwork production facilities, year-round residency and exhibition opportunities, new artwork commissions, and a truly welcoming venue for dialogue about cutting-edge art. It will be an entirely unique resource for artists within an arts organization.
WAYS TO GIVE
We invite you to make any contribution that is meaningful to you as you consider the ways in which SPACES contributes to your life, the city of Cleveland, and the greater cultural sphere. Donations can be made securely online, or via check (payable to SPACES, and sent to 2220 Superior Viaduct, Cleveland, OH 44113).
Moving to a location that provides increased visibility and accessibility, as well as flexibility in its design, will enable SPACES to:
• become a go-to resource for artists and audience members interested in contemporary art;
• attract artists working in experimental ways;
• develop programming partnerships with local organizations;
• contribute to the economic development of the neighborhood;
• increase our relevance and deepen our connection to a broader cross-section of visitors from Cleveland and beyond.
IN THE NEWS
A multi-million dollar capital campaign for an alternative art space makes big news in Cleveland!
The Plain Dealer
Crain's Cleveland Business
SPACES press release
Capital Campaign Committee Co-Chairs
Howard Freedman (former SPACES Board President)
John Farina, SPACES Immediate Past Board President
Capital Campaign Committee Honorary Co-Chairs
Fred & Laura Ruth Bidwell, Transformer Station
Thomas Starinsky, SPACES Board President
Christina Vassallo, SPACES Executive Director
John C. Williams, Process Creative Studios, Inc.
More about this project:
- Adventure Book Club
- The Fixers
- Jillian Steinhauer
- Freska on Politics
- The Vault (May - July 2016)
- Hidden Assembly
- Great Expectations: Westward HO!
- The Hum
- Public Displays of Data
- The Vault (August - October 2016)
- A Man Was Lynched By Police Yesterday
- Michela Picchi
- Ryan Jeanke
- The Vault (Nov 2016 - Jan 2017)
- The Vault (January 27 - March 24, 2017)
- Except As A Punishment for Crime
- Art Therapy Thursdays
- 2nd Annual CommunitySPACES
- Monster Drawing Rally 2017