Work With Us
|Position Title:||Capital Campaign Manager|
|Job Type:||Part-time (16+ hours per week)
Some evening and weekend hours required
|Locaiton:||2220 Superior Viaduct, Cleveland, OH 44113|
|Posted:||August 4, 2015|
SPACES is a 37-year old art organization that is dedicated to being the resource and public forum for artists who explore and experiment. Located on the near west side of downtown Cleveland, SPACES annually presents 13 public projects and hosts approximately 40 public events. SPACES is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization with an annual operating budget of approximately $500,000. The staff includes five full-time employees, 4 contracted employees, and numerous interns and volunteers who provide ongoing support throughout the year. A 26-member Board of Directors is active and engaged, reflecting a diverse range of expertise and perspectives.
SPACES seeks a Capital Campaign Manager to fill this newly-created, part-time position (16 hours/week), responsible for implementing and completing a $3.5 million comprehensive campaign. This fundraising effort will support the organization's adaptive re-use and move to a new location, and create an endowment to maintain the future of SPACES.
The Campaign Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, Development Director, Board of Directors, Capital Campaign Committee, and other volunteers, to carry out a broad-based fundraising plan. The Campaign Manager will take the campaign from private launch through building opening and campaign completion. We anticipate the campaign to last 3 to 5 years; the renewal of the Capital Campaign Manager position will be evaluated at the end of the second year.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Expanding donor prospect list.
- Developing and executing targeted cultivation and solicitation strategies for a range of prospects, in consultation with Executive Director and Capital Campaign Committee.
- Working collaboratively with the Development Director to prepare foundation and government grant proposals.
- Overseeing campaign communications, including creating content for the e-newsletter, talking points for the media, and print and electronic campaign collateral.
- Supporting Capital Campaign Committee activities by organizing meetings, monitoring assignments, and assisting in all aspects of Committee-led events.
- Evaluating progress towards goals, preparing periodic reports on fundraising, and recommending revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals.
- Tracking data related to prospects and donors; managing pledge agreements, payment reminders, and campaign gift acknowledgements.
- Ensuring public recognition for donors.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy connecting with leaders in the arts and community development sectors. Prior fundraising and capital campaign experience is preferred, as well as an enthusiasm for supporting bold experimentation in the visual arts.
Commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter, including a salary range; resume; list of two relevant references; and one writing sample (request for support preferred) in a single PDF file to cvassallo@SPACESgallery.org. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
SPACES is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment policies are administered without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, or any other legally protected status except as permitted by law.
If you are interested in becoming involved with SPACES as a volunteer or work/study intern, please visit this link.
Subscribe to Quarter Art
Quarter Art is SPACES' art subscription service. An annual subscription is $500. A half-year subscription is $300. MORE
Tell us what you think.
Help continue to make SPACES one of the best places by filing out this survey and telling us what you think. MORE
SAVE THE DATE! SPACES' Guide to the Galaxy
Annual Benefit + Art Auction + Costume Party Saturday, November 07, 2015, 6:30PM - 1:00AM MORE