Work With Us
|Position Title:||Development Assistant|
|Job Function:||Development & Administrative|
|Job Type:||Part-Time (20 hours/week), Monday-Friday. Some evening and weekend hours required|
|Salary:||$15,000 - $18,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications|
|Location:||2900 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44113|
|Posted:||January 26, 2018|
SPACES is a 40 year-old alternative art space that is dedicated to being the resource and public forum for artists who explore and experiment. Since 1978, SPACES has presented the work of over 9,250 artists from around the world. Each year, we produce 13 artist-driven projects and host up to 50 public events. In 2017 we threw open the doors to our new home in a highly visible and easily accessible location in the near west side of Cleveland.
The Development Assistant will help fulfill the SPACES mission and support SPACES programming by carrying out resource development initiatives. Reporting to the Deputy Director and Executive Director, the Development Assistant will conduct donor cultivation and stewardship activities to grow SPACES’ Annual Fund and Capital Fund, and will increase and diversify revenue streams through donor appeals, special events, grant writing, and membership drives. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with the Cleveland nonprofit sector, prior experience in resource development, and an interest in the visual arts.
- Create and implement annual development plan
- Process and acknowledge charitable gifts, payments, and sponsorships
- Manage Salesforce database, maintain donor records, and compile donor reports
- Follow donor recognition procedures to ensure accurate and timely donor recognition on marketing materials, social media, event sites, and other platforms
- Conduct prospect research for foundation, corporate, and individual donors
- Assist in all stages of the grant process, including prospecting, application preparation, funds management, and reporting
- Provide special event support, including event technology management, sponsorship solicitation, ticket sales, event promotion, and logistics coordination
- Attend SPACES events, including exhibition openings, Artwood Derby, Monster Drawing Rally and the Annual Benefit
- Assist the Community Engagement Manager with membership cultivation and stewardship
- Answer phones as needed
- Work with and assist SPACES interns on development-related tasks and projects
QUALIFICATIONS:The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 1 year of related development experience required
- Strong computer and research skills required
- Excellent writing and communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce/CRM database strongly preferred
- Interest or experience in the visual arts strongly preferred
No phone inquiries, please. Please submit cover letter, resume, and a relevant writing sample in a single PDF file to smurphy@SPACESgallery.org by February 23, 2018.
SPACES is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment policies are administered without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, or any other legally protected status except as permitted by law.
If you are interested in becoming involved with SPACES as a volunteer or work/study intern, please visit this link.